The Rehab Service Manager 1 will plan, organize, and direct a large and
complex outpatient rehabilitation service, which entails multi-discipline sections, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, hand therapy, speech language pathology, neuro-psychology, and our medical office service clerks (MOSCs). Incumbent will work with the department medical or staff managerial head while exercising full administrative and managerial responsibility for the service. The Rehabilitation Service Manager 1 will have all outpatient Rehabilitation Services 1 &2 Supervisors in the outpatient clinic as direct reports. Will formulate department objectives, policies and procedures; assist manager in developing department revenue and expense budget; organize, assist manager in controlling department expense budget, staff, space and equipment; make final decisions regarding employee recruitment, selection, work assignment, evaluation and disciplining; develop quality assurance standards, including mechanism for meeting the standards and tools for measuring adherence to them; interpret, implement and assure compliance with related governmental and hospital regulations and guidelines as they affect the physical therapy department; and in addition may provide consultation and training regarding department standards for patient care.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Valid CA license in related rehabilitation service (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or similar rehabilitation occupation)
• Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychology or related fields.
• Extensive experience and advance clinical knowledge in rehabilitation services.
• Knowledge of relevant rehabilitation industry patient care/equipment management federal, state and local laws and any regulatory or compliance pertaining to the rehabilitation service.
• Knowledge of budgeting principles.
• Management/supervisory/leadership experience to effectively lead and direct subordinate staff using original and innovative approaches and techniques to solve complex problems, recognize trends, develop long- range goals and analyze data of a complex and variable nature in a manner consistent with system-wide objectives and initiatives.
• Experience interpreting law, regulations, policy, legal and technical guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Analytical and problem solving skills to review information, draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives/ solutions.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly and effectively interact with diverse group of patients and individuals at all levels within the organization; receive, elicit and convey information of medical, financial, or administrative nature; and to compose letters, reports, policies and procedures.
• Masters degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychology or similar fields.
• Knowledge of medical center, HR and UC policies and processes
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT