We are looking for a qualified and certificated Speech and Language Pathologist to conduct assessments, provide a full range of services for students with IEP’s and to lead and implement a social thinking program at the Multicultural Learning Center for students in grades K-8.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct bilingual language and speech assessments.
Conduct informal screenings and observations for students with suspected speech and language delays.
Attend IEPs and evaluate student progress as required by the IEP review process.
Consult with teachers, special education staff and parents for the purpose of developing plans and/or providing information regarding students’ goals, plans and services.
Collect data on student achievement for the purpose of documenting activities, preparing reports and updating logs including service tracking in Welligent.
Work with school staff and teachers to facilitate speech and language development and provide individualized classroom strategies for all students.
Develop and implement social thinking groups for all students in collaboration with School Psychologist and other staff.
Report to and collaborate with MLC’s Director of Student Services.
Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring efficient and effective student intervention services.
Master of Arts/Science in Speech/Language Pathology
ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence or CFY candidate
Current California Language, Speech and Hearing credential or Language, Speech and Hearing and Audiology Credential
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Health insurance and benefits package
Opportunities for growth in the organization
Positive work environment
Mission: The Multicultural Learning Center (MLC) brings together a diverse community of learners where cultural and individual differences are the building blocks of academic, social, and intrapersonal success.
Since opening in 2001, MLC has successfully implemented a Spanish/English dual-immersion and global education program for students in grades K-8 and received the 2018 Education for a Global Economy Award from the California Department of Education.
MLC is committed to social-emotional learning and a schoolwide focus on five standards for students: to be respectful, responsible, safe, caring and tolerant
MLC implements a college and career-ready educational program with majority of alumni attending four-year universities including: Northwestern University, Harvard, UCLA, USC, and California State University, Northridge.
*** We are willing to hire an SPLA that can grow into the position.***
* Master of Arts/Science in Speech/Language Pathology
* ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence or CFY candidate
* Current California Language, Speech and Hearing credential or Language, Speech and Hearing and Audiology Credential
* Bilingual in English and Spanish a must
Internal Number: 01
About Multicultural Learning Center
The Multicultural Learning Center Dual Immersion School is a K-8 public charter institution. Our vision is to bring together a diverse community of learners where cultural and individual differences are the building blocks of academic, social and intrapersonal success. Within an environment of social justice, MLC students:
• Achieve biliteracy in English and Spanish
• Create meaning and come to know and respect each other through group processes, research and questioning, and use of the arts and technology to develop literacy and multicultural understanding.
• Self-reflect on their achievements and set new goals with a growth mindset.
• Communicate to solve personal and social challenges in ways that build resiliency, tolerance, and responsibility.
• Celebrate cultural and individual diversity as they develop skills and understanding necessary for global citizenry and community leadership